It’s nearly time for one of the BBA’s great annual events – the autumn-winter student launch,. (The photo above is from last year’s event.)
They’re inviting folks to join the celebrations, which begin at 12:00 when five boats built or restored by the 38-week boat building, maintenance and support course class of February 2016 are launched.
The boats to be launched are:
- 11ft6in Iain Oughtred-designed Guillemot
- 14ft RNSA dinghy restoration
- 15ft Christmas Wherry
- 15ft sailing canoe
- 12ft 1930s International 12 racing dinghy restoration
They make an ingteresting collection. See photos of the projects as the students work on them.
The BBA folks have published a its– new courses for 2017 include:
- introduction to woodworking (back by popular demand)
- separate courses on antique furniture restoration and marquetry are now part of the regular programmeafter running once each in 2016
Principal Yvonne Green tells me that this year some 40% of people joining short courses had been on a BBA course before, which I guess says a lot about what folks think about the courses.