A wonderful boat. I could just look at her all day…
Britannia Rules – a cracking little programme now available from Channel Four’s on-demand 4OD gizmo
Don’t miss out on this – if you haven’t already done so, find half an hour in your programme to sit down and watch this cracking little half-hour documentary about Britannia, the Big Class and finally the J Class.
If you’re outside the UK, I fear you may not be able to see it, but it really is a super half hour of telly even if it is on a computer screen. There are several programmes here that seem to be worth watching, and I’ll report further at some point.
For more intheboatshed.net posts about Brittannia, click here.
‘The other guys thought I’d seen a seagull… ‘ This isn’t what you might normall expect from intheboatshed.net but I thought these rowers deserved special credit. Catch up with them at http://www.gbrow.com/
Please scroll down for:
* Plans for making a model of the 10ft double-ended McLachlan skiff
* Progress on the sailing version of the 12ft Ella skiff – free plans to come
* Griff Rhys-Jones falls out of a coracle and explains the disappearing salmon
* Mickey Mouse orders a boat kit
* King George the Fifth, the king who was first yachtsman in the land, and his
love for a boat
* Dr Strangelove goes gunning – H C Folkard’s scary wildfowling boats
* Johnny Tyson builds a 14ft Whitehall at the Boat Building Academy