It’s nearly time for one of the BBA’s great annual events – the autumn-winter student launch, which this year takes place at Lyme Regis on the 23rd November. (The photo above is from last year’s event.)
They’re inviting folks to join the celebrations, which begin at 12:00 when five boats built or restored by the 38-week boat building, maintenance and support course class of February 2016 are launched.
The boats to be launched are:
- 11ft6in Iain Oughtred-designed Guillemot
- 14ft RNSA dinghy restoration
- 15ft Christmas Wherry
- 15ft sailing canoe
- 12ft 1930s International 12 racing dinghy restoration
They make an ingteresting collection. See photos of the projects as the students work on them.
The BBA folks have published a its 2017 short course programme – new courses for 2017 include:
- introduction to woodworking (back by popular demand)
- separate courses on antique furniture restoration and marquetry are now part of the regular programmeafter running once each in 2016
Principal Yvonne Green tells me that this year some 40% of people joining short courses had been on a BBA course before, which I guess says a lot about what folks think about the courses.