Follow me on Twitter
Looking for something?This is a busy weblog, and what you're looking for is probably still here - just a little way down the list now. Try scrolling down, clicking on the 'older posts' button at the bottom of this page - or try the search gadget!
If you like us – please let Google know!
Ben Crawshaw’s book about cruising the Mediterranean in a craft made using free boat plans
Latest posts at intheboatshed.net
- The extraordinary fisherfolk of Inle Lake, Myanmar
- Amy Johnson and the Boswell family go sailing
- Do we want the quaintly named Bugsby’s Reach to become Waterman’s Reach?
- The astonishing whaleback steamships
- The story of the Mary Celeste, as told by the Smithsonian
- La Pique
- Punt gunning – including an interesting description of the original double-ended Poole canoe
- Colin Frake returns to Faversham – and sets up shop in the Purifier Building
- Captain Flint’s houseboat explained
- Mick Webb’s Julie skiff goes together in Australia
Boatbuilding help available
Our Faversham-based friend Alan Thorne can help with boatbuilding projects - constructing to plans in very tidy stitch-and-glue or more traditional techniques. Contact him by email at email@example.com or phone 07865 091155
What we’re thinking…
The big move is done. Expect a return of the usual service!
Free boat plans that work
Don't miss our great page of free boatbuilding plans:
Who’s talking at intheboatshed?
- Kevin Foster on The astonishing whaleback steamships
- Patrick on Do we want the quaintly named Bugsby’s Reach to become Waterman’s Reach?
- Gavin Atkin on Do we want the quaintly named Bugsby’s Reach to become Waterman’s Reach?
- nigel on Do we want the quaintly named Bugsby’s Reach to become Waterman’s Reach?
- Gavin Atkin on Free boat plans that work
Tag Archives: yachting world
Dodo, Valhalla and Consuelo Today’s gallery of photos are of steam yachts, and they belong to a collection that Jeff Cole acquired back when he was a teenager. Except for Dodo he says they are all private steam yachts, … Continue reading
Photos by Emma Brice and John Palmer This Yachting World Dayboat was built by Boat Building Academy student Sean Quail, with the help of Charlie Yetton. Sean joined the BBA’s long boat building course after deciding to make … Continue reading
[ad#intheboatshed-post] 18 year-old Alasdair Grant launching his Beer beach boat; Tim Price, and Tom Trevessey and Lachlan McKenzie bringing Yachting World Dayboat Tailwind to the harbour; Dominic Frankis sails his Mallard dinghy while James Downs in the background celebrates in … Continue reading