Follow me on Twitter
Looking for something?This is a busy weblog, and what you're looking for is probably still here - just a little way down the list now. Try scrolling down, clicking on the 'older posts' button at the bottom of this page - or try the search gadget!
If you like us – please let Google know!
Out now – Ben Crawshaw’s book about cruising the Mediterranean in a craft made using free boat plans
Latest posts at intheboatshed.net
- Jimmy Lawrence talks about being a 15-year old mate on a sailing barge during WW2
- Philippines fishermen find a way…
- A magic lantern slide of the sailing barge Charles Hutton
- The Last Baidarka
- 1972 film of the Edith May
- Major Turner exhibition at the National Maritime Museum, Greenwhich opens tomorrow
- Medway Queen back home in the Medway
- Crossley Engines film ‘London River’
- Short Jacket and White Trousers – and a singing workshop for folks in Kent and surrounding areas
- HJ Mears boat builders, Devon
What we’re thinking…
The big move is done. Expect a return of the usual service!
Free boat plans that work
Don't miss our great page of free boatbuilding plans:
Who’s talking at intheboatshed?
- David Asprey on Medway Queen back home in the Medway
- JIM SAVILLE on The sea poems of Cicely Fox Smith
- Chris J Brady on A magic lantern slide of the sailing barge Charles Hutton
- Paul Mullings on A magic lantern slide of the sailing barge Charles Hutton
- ian naylor on David Dimbleby sails the UK coast in his own boat
Tag Archives: WE Sinclair
I’m loving the Lodestar Books catalogue – partly because it’s a lovely piece of work, but also because of what it contains. First of all there are the books Lodestar has already published, including artist Tony Watts’ collection An Eye … Continue reading
Cruises of the Joan is a well made and often very funny account of WE Sinclair’s travels in his tiny 22ft Falmouth Quay punt, Joan. It’s published by Lodestar Books. The cruises described took place in the 1920s, and are … Continue reading
Fabulous new publications from Lodestar Books include classic yachting authors Conor O’Brien, H Alker Tripp, H Lewis Jones and WE Sinclair
I have good news as we come up to the Christmas season – Dick Wynne’s wonderful Lodestar Books is republishing four more sailing classics that will make great gifts for the sailing man or woman: Shoalwater and Fairway – … Continue reading