Out now – Ben Crawshaw’s book about cruising the Mediterranean in a home-built boat
Latest posts at intheboatshed.net
- Cruise of the Joan: Blindfold to Belfast, 1923
- Canoe sailing in Sydney Harbour, 1895
- Thames Heritage Alliance formed to campaign to protect historic sites
- Sephira the Musical Ark comes to Scotland to race – and to serenade whales
- Spider T training day on the Trent
- Oh look – back in 1946 ‘girls’ could work on boats too, according to British Pathé
- First shots from the Boat Building Academy spring student launch
- An update on Ben Wales’ restoration of the motor launch Mary
- The sinking of HMS Implacable in 1949
- Does anyone know the story of the racing yacht Mayhi?
If you like us – please let Google know!
What we’re thinking…
I would like to apologise for accidentally making the website unavailable yesterday and today. It was all my fault - I pressed the wrong button in my attempts to make the website faster and therefore more highly rated by the search engines.
Having pressed the wrong button I had no idea what to do to fix the site - unchecking the rogue button didn't fix it!
Thankfully, my internet service provider stepped in and mended everything. Thanks Bluehost!
Free boat plans that work
Don't miss our great page of free boatbuilding plans:
Who’s talking at intheboatshed?
- Gavin Atkin on Thames Heritage Alliance formed to campaign to protect historic sites
- adrian on Thames Heritage Alliance formed to campaign to protect historic sites
- Angélique on Classic 100-year-old photos of racing sailing yachts from the America’s Cup
- Gavin Atkin on Currach for sale, Argyll
- Paddy Hegarty on Currach for sale, Argyll
Tag Archives: tim jarvis
A replica of the James Caird built by the International Boatbuilding Training College was officially named and launched at Portland on Sunday, 18th March. She is to be used by the Shackleton Epic Expedition to recreate Ernest Shackleton’s original voyage in April 1916, … Continue reading
[ad#intheboatshed-post] Adventurer Tim Jarvis and the Hon Alexandra Shackleton with the original James Caird at last year’s Earl’s Court Sail, Power & Watersports Show A replica of Shackleton’s famous boat the James Caird built at the the Sail, Power & … Continue reading