Follow me on Twitter
Looking for something?This is a busy weblog, and what you're looking for is probably still here - just a little way down the list now. Try scrolling down, clicking on the 'older posts' button at the bottom of this page - or try the search gadget!
Have you got news for us?If what you're doing is like the things you read about here - please write and tell us what you're up to. We're easy to reach at email@example.com
Ben Crawshaw’s book about cruising the Mediterranean in a craft made using free boat plans
Latest posts at intheboatshed.net
- Lifejackets are useless if you don’t wear them
- Lots of Carmarthen coracles!
- Blockmaker Steve Whitby tells his story
- Marcus Lewis makes the Fowey River dinghy and Troy class keelboat racers ready for the season
- Broads holiday 1962
- Aerial photos of Thames sailing barges
- Sailing and rowing the North West Passage in an open boat
- Can we save UK’s oldest fishing vessel, celebrate the unique Fal Oyster and help recruit youth into a traditional sailing fleet?
- 1812 style warship will set sail this summer
- Dazzle-painted warships of World War I
Boatbuilding help available
Our Faversham-based friend Alan Thorne can help with boatbuilding projects - constructing to plans in very tidy stitch-and-glue or more traditional techniques. Contact him by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07865 091155
What we’re thinking…
The big move is done. Expect a return of the usual service!
Free boat plans that work
Don't miss our great page of free boatbuilding plans:
Who’s talking at intheboatshed?
- Gavin Atkin on A magic lantern slide of the sailing barge Charles Hutton
- Dawn hutson on A magic lantern slide of the sailing barge Charles Hutton
- Pete Sawka on An appeal: help local boat builders replace the Phillipines’ 50,000 lost fishing boats
- Stebbings Archive » Blog Archive » Clemency on Does anyone know the history of this Stebbings scow now in South Africa please?
- Malcolm Hardy on Restored Norfolk Broads half-decker Jamesia II back on the water
Tag Archives: superstitions
Red-headed Scottish Traditional Boat Festival volunteer Vivien Rae with seafaring superstitions guide Visitors to the Aberdeen Asset Management Scottish Traditional Boat Festival at Portsoy (23rd-24th June) are being urged to observe centuries-old superstitions to help ensure the event is plain sailing. … Continue reading
Fishing historian Mike Smylie’s latest book Herring: A History of the Silver Darlingsexamines the effects of herring and the herring trade on the communities who catch them over the past 2000 years, including the way of life, superstitions and of … Continue reading
The Storm engraving by William Miller after Van de Velde, published in 1858. From the Wikimedia We’re in the midst of yet another storm here in the UK. I might have enjoyed them as a child, but now they set … Continue reading