Follow me on Twitter
Looking for something?This is a busy weblog, and what you're looking for is probably still here - just a little way down the list now. Try scrolling down, clicking on the 'older posts' button at the bottom of this page - or try the search gadget!
If you like us – please let Google know!
Ben Crawshaw’s book about cruising the Mediterranean in a craft made using free boat plans
Latest posts at intheboatshed.net
- Photos of Hull trawlermen at the turn of the 20th century on Retronaut
- Barbary piracy in the West Country and more from the NMMC
- Lyme Regis to be the new home of Bantry Bay gig Intégrité
- Can we persuade Boris to save Convoys Wharf?
- Fiddler’s Green
- The Family Navy Prepares, 1948
- A trip to the Plymouth Breakwater
- Sea-Boats, Oars and Sails by Conor O’Brien
- Another Christmas present: GL Watson – the Art and Science of Yacht Design by Martin Black
- Rivers of the South – The Thames
What we’re thinking…
The big move is done. Expect a return of the usual service!
Free boat plans that work
Don't miss our great page of free boatbuilding plans:
Who’s talking at intheboatshed?
Tag Archives: student
Photos by Andy Blundy, Charlie Couture and Emma Brice This 18ft Paul Gartside-designed strip-planked cutter belonging to Boat Building Academy student Dominik Gschwind hit the water at the BBA’s student launch just before Christmas. The boat is in … Continue reading
This is photographic evidence that this year’s winter student launch at the Boat Building Academy really did manage to take place in decent bright, if chilly, weather despite the variable autumn we’ve had. Apart from the students and staff, … Continue reading
You don’t often see an unopened bottle of champers in a kayak Boat Building Academy student Ryan Johnson built this West Greenland kayak, and launched it on the December student launch day. He joined the Academy from Leicester, where … Continue reading