Follow me on Twitter
Looking for something?This is a busy weblog, and what you're looking for is probably still here - just a little way down the list now. Try scrolling down, clicking on the 'older posts' button at the bottom of this page - or try the search gadget!
Ben Crawshaw’s book about cruising the Mediterranean in a craft made using free boat plans
Latest posts at intheboatshed.net
- Broads holiday 1962
- Aerial photos of Thames sailing barges
- Sailing and rowing the North West Passage in an open boat
- Can we save UK’s oldest fishing vessel, celebrate the unique Fal Oyster and help recruit youth into a traditional sailing fleet?
- 1812 style warship will set sail this summer
- Dazzle-painted warships of World War I
- The Rakish Young Fellow
- Rescue Wooden Boats folks continue boat restoration, organise fishing family meet and build their archives
- How a tv interview on a sailing ship ended rather abruptly
- Late 1930s Norfolk punt for sale
Boatbuilding help available
Our Faversham-based friend Alan Thorne can help with boatbuilding projects - constructing to plans in very tidy stitch-and-glue or more traditional techniques. Contact him by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07865 091155
What we’re thinking…
The big move is done. Expect a return of the usual service!
Free boat plans that work
Don't miss our great page of free boatbuilding plans:
Who’s talking at intheboatshed?
Tag Archives: stitch and glue
David Emsley has just sent me these photos of the 10ft stretched Mouseboat he built back in 2005 and painted in narrowboat style. He tells me he has now repainted it twice – he’s just finished this second … Continue reading
In South Africa, Mark Napier has built a Julie skiff adapted for a sliding seat, and loves it! Here’s what he says: ‘Hi Gavin, ‘I built a rowing boat based on your Julie skiff design. I fitted it with a sliding … Continue reading
30-ft stitch and glue Yachting World Diamond racer to join the Round the Island Race on her 50th birthday
Greg Dunn and his crew are to celebrate the 50th year of their Jack Holt-designed plywood racer Black Diamond by entering her in the Round the Island Race, raising sponsorship money for the RNLI as they go round (see their … Continue reading