Follow me on Twitter
Looking for something?This is a busy weblog, and what you're looking for is probably still here - just a little way down the list now. Try scrolling down, clicking on the 'older posts' button at the bottom of this page - or try the search gadget!
If you like us – please let Google know!
Ben Crawshaw’s book about cruising the Mediterranean in a craft made using free boat plans
Latest posts at intheboatshed.net
- La Pique
- Punt gunning – including an interesting description of the original double-ended Poole canoe
- Colin Frake returns to Faversham – and sets up shop in the Purifier Building
- Captain Flint’s houseboat explained
- Mick Webb’s Julie skiff goes together in Australia
- Keep Turning Left Dylan Winter interviews a fisherman still using a traditional coble
- Edith May on the TV programme Bygones
- Captain Ward – Faversham’s famous pirate who changed the course of history
- A Duck Punt builder’s weblog
- How trawling has emptied the seas – and we go on scraping the bottom
Boatbuilding help available
Our Faversham-based friend Alan Thorne can help with boatbuilding projects - constructing to plans in very tidy stitch-and-glue or more traditional techniques. Contact him by email at email@example.com or phone 07865 091155
What we’re thinking…
The big move is done. Expect a return of the usual service!
Free boat plans that work
Don't miss our great page of free boatbuilding plans:
Who’s talking at intheboatshed?
Tag Archives: stitch and glue
David Emsley has just sent me these photos of the 10ft stretched Mouseboat he built back in 2005 and painted in narrowboat style. He tells me he has now repainted it twice – he’s just finished this second … Continue reading
In South Africa, Mark Napier has built a Julie skiff adapted for a sliding seat, and loves it! Here’s what he says: ‘Hi Gavin, ‘I built a rowing boat based on your Julie skiff design. I fitted it with a sliding … Continue reading
30-ft stitch and glue Yachting World Diamond racer to join the Round the Island Race on her 50th birthday
Greg Dunn and his crew are to celebrate the 50th year of their Jack Holt-designed plywood racer Black Diamond by entering her in the Round the Island Race, raising sponsorship money for the RNLI as they go round (see their … Continue reading