Follow me on Twitter
Looking for something?This is a busy weblog, and what you're looking for is probably still here - just a little way down the list now. Try scrolling down, clicking on the 'older posts' button at the bottom of this page - or try the search gadget!
If you like us – please let Google know!
Ben Crawshaw’s book about cruising the Mediterranean in a craft made using free boat plans
Latest posts at intheboatshed.net
- The story of the Mary Celeste, as told by the Smithsonian
- La Pique
- Punt gunning – including an interesting description of the original double-ended Poole canoe
- Colin Frake returns to Faversham – and sets up shop in the Purifier Building
- Captain Flint’s houseboat explained
- Mick Webb’s Julie skiff goes together in Australia
- Keep Turning Left Dylan Winter interviews a fisherman still using a traditional coble
- Edith May on the TV programme Bygones
- Captain Ward – Faversham’s famous pirate who changed the course of history
- A Duck Punt builder’s weblog
Boatbuilding help available
Our Faversham-based friend Alan Thorne can help with boatbuilding projects - constructing to plans in very tidy stitch-and-glue or more traditional techniques. Contact him by email at email@example.com or phone 07865 091155
What we’re thinking…
The big move is done. Expect a return of the usual service!
Free boat plans that work
Don't miss our great page of free boatbuilding plans:
Who’s talking at intheboatshed?
Tag Archives: Standard Quay
The amazing story of how Whitstable oystering smack Emeline turned up on the Costa del Sol and returned to her home area to be restored, repaired and generally saved is here. Thanks for reminding me about it Save Standard Quay!
A turning point perhaps, but today we learned that despite the unanimous vote against the proposal for a restaurant on Standard Quay, there is to be an appeal so the arguments have to be gone through all over again… It’ll … Continue reading
Sad, isn’t it, that they could even consider turning this into a restaurant. I hope they make the right decision, but the hostility shown to the chap with the camera may not be a good sign… By the way, banning … Continue reading