Follow me on Twitter
Looking for something?This is a busy weblog, and what you're looking for is probably still here - just a little way down the list now. Try scrolling down, clicking on the 'older posts' button at the bottom of this page - or try the search gadget!
If you like us – please let Google know!
Ben Crawshaw’s book about cruising the Mediterranean in a craft made using free boat plans
Latest posts at intheboatshed.net
- Fiddler’s Green
- The Family Navy Prepares, 1948
- A trip to the Plymouth Breakwater
- Sea-Boats, Oars and Sails by Conor O’Brien
- Another Christmas present: GL Watson – the Art and Science of Yacht Design by Martin Black
- Rivers of the South – The Thames
- BBA student launch December 2013 – catch up with the ITV News report
- Another Christmas present: the Museum of the Broads calendar
- Ernest Dade’s book of drawings Sail and Oar reprinted by Lodestar Books
- A history of the naval toast
What we’re thinking…
The big move is done. Expect a return of the usual service!
Free boat plans that work
Don't miss our great page of free boatbuilding plans:
Who’s talking at intheboatshed?
Tag Archives: skiff
This, British chums, is how they build a flat-bottomed outboard skiff on the other side of the Atlantic. I’m sorry about the odd layout, but it seems to be how the latest version of WordPress and Jetpack seems to be … Continue reading
Sharpies An email from the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum has reminded me just how much boat types vary around the world – and it has to be said that the contrast between the form of the curvacious-lined … Continue reading
Here are a few shots taken from the water of what seemed to me to be a classic small working skiff built from what looks like solid timber we sighted on the river Vilaine in Brittany while on holiday … Continue reading