Follow me on Twitter
Looking for something?This is a busy weblog, and what you're looking for is probably still here - just a little way down the list now. Try scrolling down, clicking on the 'older posts' button at the bottom of this page - or try the search gadget!
Ben Crawshaw’s book about cruising the Mediterranean in a craft made using free boat plans
Latest posts at intheboatshed.net
- Broads holiday 1962
- Aerial photos of Thames sailing barges
- Sailing and rowing the North West Passage in an open boat
- Can we save UK’s oldest fishing vessel, celebrate the unique Fal Oyster and help recruit youth into a traditional sailing fleet?
- 1812 style warship will set sail this summer
- Dazzle-painted warships of World War I
- The Rakish Young Fellow
- Rescue Wooden Boats folks continue boat restoration, organise fishing family meet and build their archives
- How a tv interview on a sailing ship ended rather abruptly
- Late 1930s Norfolk punt for sale
Boatbuilding help available
Our Faversham-based friend Alan Thorne can help with boatbuilding projects - constructing to plans in very tidy stitch-and-glue or more traditional techniques. Contact him by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07865 091155
What we’re thinking…
The big move is done. Expect a return of the usual service!
Free boat plans that work
Don't miss our great page of free boatbuilding plans:
Who’s talking at intheboatshed?
Tag Archives: racing yacht
Film of the Troy class racing at Fowey during last season – my thanks to Troy and Fowey River dinghy builder Marcus Lewis.
K1 Britannia, historic replica and rebuild from K1 Britannia on Vimeo. A wonderful boat. I could just look at her all day…
Boat Building Academy student Colin Hurner decided to build a half-rater after stumbling across a picture on the internet of Miru, a William Fife 25ft racer and day-sailer built in New Zealand in 1895. With no complete plans and limited drawings, … Continue reading