Follow me on Twitter
Looking for something?This is a busy weblog, and what you're looking for is probably still here - just a little way down the list now. Try scrolling down, clicking on the 'older posts' button at the bottom of this page - or try the search gadget!
If you like us – please let Google know!
Ben Crawshaw’s book about cruising the Mediterranean in a craft made using free boat plans
Latest posts at intheboatshed.net
- Do we want the quaintly named Bugsby’s Reach to become Waterman’s Reach?
- The astonishing whaleback steamships
- The story of the Mary Celeste, as told by the Smithsonian
- La Pique
- Punt gunning – including an interesting description of the original double-ended Poole canoe
- Colin Frake returns to Faversham – and sets up shop in the Purifier Building
- Captain Flint’s houseboat explained
- Mick Webb’s Julie skiff goes together in Australia
- Keep Turning Left Dylan Winter interviews a fisherman still using a traditional coble
- Edith May on the TV programme Bygones
Boatbuilding help available
Our Faversham-based friend Alan Thorne can help with boatbuilding projects - constructing to plans in very tidy stitch-and-glue or more traditional techniques. Contact him by email at email@example.com or phone 07865 091155
What we’re thinking…
The big move is done. Expect a return of the usual service!
Free boat plans that work
Don't miss our great page of free boatbuilding plans:
Who’s talking at intheboatshed?
Tag Archives: mediterranean
This is a lovely piece of film, but don’t let that distract you from noticing how Ben Crawshaw has the art of launching down pat – or the way he uses a topping lift to enable him to row … Continue reading
[ad#intheboatshed-post] Ben Crawshaw’s series of short videos recording his astonishing trip in Onawind Blue get better and better – if that’s possible. The latest sees him rowing and sailing up the eastern Spanish coast from the Ebro Delta to Cap … Continue reading
[ad#intheboatshed-post] Onawind Blue some months ago after Ben fitted her with new sails Ben Crawshaw has successfully sailed home to Spain from Ibiza via the Columbrete Islands in his 15ft-something 50-50 rowing-sailing boat Onawind Blue. This meant a second long … Continue reading