Follow me on Twitter
Looking for something?This is a busy weblog, and what you're looking for is probably still here - just a little way down the list now. Try scrolling down, clicking on the 'older posts' button at the bottom of this page - or try the search gadget!
If you like us – please let Google know!
Old popular songs with concertina and melodeon CD out now
Sentimental Journey is the nostalgia-laden new CD from Julie and Gavin Atkin, featuring 19 tracks of old fashioned songs from Julie, accompanied by Gavin's duet concertina and melodeon.
It's perfect for Christmas, and just the thing to play on a traditional boat from the middle years of the last century!
Order it from: Red Admiral Records
Here's a sample of the kind of thing to expect!
Ben Crawshaw’s book about cruising the Mediterranean in a craft made using free boat plans
Latest posts at intheboatshed.net
- Boat Building Academy student launch 9th December
- A wonderful future for the top end of Faversham Creek
- Cobles of Northumberland on the ITV Player
- A lovely stained glass window
- Jimmy Lawrence talks about being a 15-year old mate on a sailing barge during WW2
- Philippines fishermen find a way…
- A magic lantern slide of the sailing barge Charles Hutton
- The Last Baidarka
- 1972 film of the Edith May
- Major Turner exhibition at the National Maritime Museum, Greenwhich opens tomorrow
What we’re thinking…
The big move is done. Expect a return of the usual service!
Free boat plans that work
Don't miss our great page of free boatbuilding plans:
Who’s talking at intheboatshed?
- Gavin Atkin on David Dimbleby sails the UK coast in his own boat
- Martin on David Dimbleby sails the UK coast in his own boat
- Erwin van Doeselaar on George Cockshott’s sweet 12-foot dinghy
- Ian Baird on A magic lantern slide of the sailing barge Charles Hutton
- Gavin Atkin on A magic lantern slide of the sailing barge Charles Hutton
Tag Archives: mediterranean
This is a lovely piece of film, but don’t let that distract you from noticing how Ben Crawshaw has the art of launching down pat – or the way he uses a topping lift to enable him to row … Continue reading
[ad#intheboatshed-post] Ben Crawshaw’s series of short videos recording his astonishing trip in Onawind Blue get better and better – if that’s possible. The latest sees him rowing and sailing up the eastern Spanish coast from the Ebro Delta to Cap … Continue reading
[ad#intheboatshed-post] Onawind Blue some months ago after Ben fitted her with new sails Ben Crawshaw has successfully sailed home to Spain from Ibiza via the Columbrete Islands in his 15ft-something 50-50 rowing-sailing boat Onawind Blue. This meant a second long … Continue reading