Follow me on Twitter
Looking for something?This is a busy weblog, and what you're looking for is probably still here - just a little way down the list now. Try scrolling down, clicking on the 'older posts' button at the bottom of this page - or try the search gadget!
Ben Crawshaw’s book about cruising the Mediterranean in a craft made using free boat plans
Latest posts at intheboatshed.net
- Broads holiday 1962
- Aerial photos of Thames sailing barges
- Sailing and rowing the North West Passage in an open boat
- Can we save UK’s oldest fishing vessel, celebrate the unique Fal Oyster and help recruit youth into a traditional sailing fleet?
- 1812 style warship will set sail this summer
- Dazzle-painted warships of World War I
- The Rakish Young Fellow
- Rescue Wooden Boats folks continue boat restoration, organise fishing family meet and build their archives
- How a tv interview on a sailing ship ended rather abruptly
- Late 1930s Norfolk punt for sale
Boatbuilding help available
Our Faversham-based friend Alan Thorne can help with boatbuilding projects - constructing to plans in very tidy stitch-and-glue or more traditional techniques. Contact him by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07865 091155
What we’re thinking…
The big move is done. Expect a return of the usual service!
Free boat plans that work
Don't miss our great page of free boatbuilding plans:
Who’s talking at intheboatshed?
Tag Archives: john atkin
[ad#intheboatshed-post] It may not look like much at the moment, but this is the very beginning of a new project for Tiernan Roe. Tiernan is a South-West Ireland-based boatbuilder who has recently received a huge amount of positive coverage for … Continue reading
[ad#intheboatshed-post] Ninigret built recently by Irish boat builder Tiernan Roe. Click on the thumbnails for larger photos These photos of the John Atkin-designed Ninigret recently built by Tiernan Roe show something of her lines developed for low power, and some … Continue reading
[ad#intheboatshed-post] It’s well worth taking a look at boatbuilder Tiernan Roe’s weblog to learn more about the John Atkin (no relation) Ninigret he has just built and sold. The Ninigret is an easily-driven 22ft design originally intended for fishing in … Continue reading