Out now – Ben Crawshaw’s book about cruising the Mediterranean in a home-built boat
Latest posts at intheboatshed.net
- A great IBTC student boat builder’s weblog
- Hamburg Harbour, 1935 – a time of beautiful steamships
- The Medway barge match, 2013 – an accidental photo gallery
- Ships and the Essex Coast – photos my father took in 1955-7
- An update on the OGA’s 50th anniversary round Britain trip
- Ben Crawshaw finds an excuse to go for a sail in Onawind Blue – a little light food shopping
- Blakeney folks build the UK’s southern-most St Ayles skiff
- A turning point for Faversham? Historian Arthur Percival speaks about the Standard Quay decision
- National Historic Ships network Shipshape East Anglia meets for the first time at Lowestoft
- Near completed motor boat project for quick sale
If you like us – please let Google know!
One way to search intheboatshed.net
Another way to search
What we’re thinking…
Stirling and Son is inviting applications for two apprenticeships to start in September, one on boatbuilding and one on painting and varnishing.
The apprenticeships will be for four years, working in the yard four days per week and at college one day per week.
Anyone interested should send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date of 6 May.
I gather they're about to start work on a big new project and would also be glad to hear from someone experienced. For more information see the website: Stirling and Son.
Free boat plans that work
Don't miss our great page of free boatbuilding plans:
Who’s talking at intheboatshed?
- Punting Gal on How-tos
- Gavin Atkin on Emmanuel Pariselle’s romantic song about an old boat: La Nonchalante
- oliv on Emmanuel Pariselle’s romantic song about an old boat: La Nonchalante
- ed winston on Edo canoe enquiry
- Alan Avent on Adam Newton of Beer, Devon builds a gorgeous 12ft glued clinker rowing skiff
Tag Archives: john atkin
[ad#intheboatshed-post] It may not look like much at the moment, but this is the very beginning of a new project for Tiernan Roe. Tiernan is a South-West Ireland-based boatbuilder who has recently received a huge amount of positive coverage for … Continue reading
[ad#intheboatshed-post] Ninigret built recently by Irish boat builder Tiernan Roe. Click on the thumbnails for larger photos These photos of the John Atkin-designed Ninigret recently built by Tiernan Roe show something of her lines developed for low power, and some … Continue reading
[ad#intheboatshed-post] It’s well worth taking a look at boatbuilder Tiernan Roe’s weblog to learn more about the John Atkin (no relation) Ninigret he has just built and sold. The Ninigret is an easily-driven 22ft design originally intended for fishing in … Continue reading