Out now – Ben Crawshaw’s book about cruising the Mediterranean in a home-built boat
Latest posts at intheboatshed.net
- The Medway barge match, 2013 – an accidental photo gallery
- Ships and the Essex Coast – photos my father took in 1955-7
- An update on the OGA’s 50th anniversary round Britain trip
- Ben Crawshaw finds an excuse to go for a sail in Onawind Blue – a little light food shopping
- Blakeney folks build the UK’s southern-most St Ayles skiff
- A turning point for Faversham? Historian Arthur Percival speaks about the Standard Quay decision
- National Historic Ships network Shipshape East Anglia meets for the first time at Lowestoft
- Near completed motor boat project for quick sale
- Spider T training days
- Does anyone you know deserve an award for their contribution to conserving and operating historic vessels?
If you like us – please let Google know!
One way to search intheboatshed.net
Another way to search
What we’re thinking…
Stirling and Son is inviting applications for two apprenticeships to start in September, one on boatbuilding and one on painting and varnishing.
The apprenticeships will be for four years, working in the yard four days per week and at college one day per week.
Anyone interested should send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date of 6 May.
I gather they're about to start work on a big new project and would also be glad to hear from someone experienced. For more information see the website: Stirling and Son.
Free boat plans that work
Don't miss our great page of free boatbuilding plans:
Who’s talking at intheboatshed?
- Punting Gal on How-tos
- Gavin Atkin on Emmanuel Pariselle’s romantic song about an old boat: La Nonchalante
- oliv on Emmanuel Pariselle’s romantic song about an old boat: La Nonchalante
- ed winston on Edo canoe enquiry
- Alan Avent on Adam Newton of Beer, Devon builds a gorgeous 12ft glued clinker rowing skiff
Tag Archives: Fuji Finepix X100
Matthew Atkin recently took this photos of Causeway Bay typhoon shelter as the sun was going down in Hong Kong’s Victoria Harbour recently, no doubt with his current favourite camera, a FujiFinepix X100. Here’s what he says about the shots: At … Continue reading
My brother Matt Atkin’s mission to photograph interesting boats and water-borne life throughout the Far East using his Fuju Finepix X100 continues with a mass of illuminating photos from near Siem Reap, Cambodia. He tells me these shots … Continue reading
Globe-trotting brother and photographer Matt Atkin has been on his holiday travels again, this time to Borneo, where he came across the extraordinary stilt-village community of Kota Kinabalu. Matt likes to use a miniature or small camera that … Continue reading