Out now – Ben Crawshaw’s book about cruising the Mediterranean in a home-built boat
Latest posts at intheboatshed.net
- Cruise of the Joan: Blindfold to Belfast, 1923
- Canoe sailing in Sydney Harbour, 1895
- Thames Heritage Alliance formed to campaign to protect historic sites
- Sephira the Musical Ark comes to Scotland to race – and to serenade whales
- Spider T training day on the Trent
- Oh look – back in 1946 ‘girls’ could work on boats too, according to British Pathé
- First shots from the Boat Building Academy spring student launch
- An update on Ben Wales’ restoration of the motor launch Mary
- The sinking of HMS Implacable in 1949
- Does anyone know the story of the racing yacht Mayhi?
If you like us – please let Google know!
What we’re thinking…
I would like to apologise for accidentally making the website unavailable yesterday and today. It was all my fault - I pressed the wrong button in my attempts to make the website faster and therefore more highly rated by the search engines.
Having pressed the wrong button I had no idea what to do to fix the site - unchecking the rogue button didn't fix it!
Thankfully, my internet service provider stepped in and mended everything. Thanks Bluehost!
Free boat plans that work
Don't miss our great page of free boatbuilding plans:
Who’s talking at intheboatshed?
- Gavin Atkin on Thames Heritage Alliance formed to campaign to protect historic sites
- adrian on Thames Heritage Alliance formed to campaign to protect historic sites
- Angélique on Classic 100-year-old photos of racing sailing yachts from the America’s Cup
- Gavin Atkin on Currach for sale, Argyll
- Paddy Hegarty on Currach for sale, Argyll
Tag Archives: designers
[ad#intheboatshed-post] Regular intheboatshed.net reader Paul Mullings found this skiff on a beach while strolling by the Manukau Harbour, Auckland, New Zealand and was so uplifted by its simple elegance that he decided to send in a clutch of photos. ‘Hi … Continue reading
[ad#intheboatshed-post] Legendary catboat Silent Maid Edwin Schoettle’s classic Sailing Craft published in 1928 is a fabulous big old book of nearly 800 pages – so I hope no-one will mind me posting a few of them. And perhaps my post … Continue reading
[ad#intheboatshed-post] One exhibit at the Beale Park Thames Boat Show made the case that the recently deceased designer Phil Bolger should be remembered for his very pretty boats as well as his boxy easy-to-build plans. This is an almost-complete Bolger … Continue reading