Follow me on Twitter
Looking for something?This is a busy weblog, and what you're looking for is probably still here - just a little way down the list now. Try scrolling down, clicking on the 'older posts' button at the bottom of this page - or try the search gadget!
If you like us – please let Google know!
Old popular songs with concertina and melodeon CD out now
Sentimental Journey is the nostalgia-laden new CD from Julie and Gavin Atkin, featuring 19 tracks of old fashioned songs from Julie, accompanied by Gavin's duet concertina and melodeon.
It's perfect for Christmas, and just the thing to play on a traditional boat from the middle years of the last century!
Order it from: Red Admiral Records
Here's a sample of the kind of thing to expect!
Ben Crawshaw’s book about cruising the Mediterranean in a craft made using free boat plans
Latest posts at intheboatshed.net
- The Liverpool Echo previews the refurbished Cunard Building
- International 12 Foot Dinghy plans drawings online
- Save the Shipping Forecast
- Boat Building Academy student launch 9th December
- A wonderful future for the top end of Faversham Creek
- Cobles of Northumberland on the ITV Player
- A lovely stained glass window
- Jimmy Lawrence talks about being a 15-year old mate on a sailing barge during WW2
- Philippines fishermen find a way…
- A magic lantern slide of the sailing barge Charles Hutton
What we’re thinking…
The big move is done. Expect a return of the usual service!
Free boat plans that work
Don't miss our great page of free boatbuilding plans:
Who’s talking at intheboatshed?
- Gavin Atkin on A wonderful future for the top end of Faversham Creek
- Nick Ardley on A wonderful future for the top end of Faversham Creek
- Sally on David Dimbleby sails the UK coast in his own boat
- Joan on David Dimbleby sails the UK coast in his own boat
- Gavin Atkin on David Dimbleby sails the UK coast in his own boat
Tag Archives: conservation
The 120-year old gentleman’s racing cutter Leila emerges into the light. The volunteers involved in conserving her might be contenders… Nominations are still open for this year’s National Historic Ships UK-Marsh Christian Trust awards for the volunteer or group of … Continue reading
Faversham Creek Trust chair Griselda Mussett makes such a strong and reasonable case in this video made by Easy Street Studio. Let’s all give her the support she needs. While we’re thinking about opposing and developing appropriate alternatives to plans … Continue reading
If you’re anywhere near London on Wednesday, try to slip down to Royal Albert Dock at 11am to see the last complete steam coaster SS Robin return up the Thames to arrive at her new home, close to where she … Continue reading