Follow me on Twitter
Looking for something?This is a busy weblog, and what you're looking for is probably still here - just a little way down the list now. Try scrolling down, clicking on the 'older posts' button at the bottom of this page - or try the search gadget!
Ben Crawshaw’s book about cruising the Mediterranean in a craft made using free boat plans
Latest posts at intheboatshed.net
- Broads holiday 1962
- Aerial photos of Thames sailing barges
- Sailing and rowing the North West Passage in an open boat
- Can we save UK’s oldest fishing vessel, celebrate the unique Fal Oyster and help recruit youth into a traditional sailing fleet?
- 1812 style warship will set sail this summer
- Dazzle-painted warships of World War I
- The Rakish Young Fellow
- Rescue Wooden Boats folks continue boat restoration, organise fishing family meet and build their archives
- How a tv interview on a sailing ship ended rather abruptly
- Late 1930s Norfolk punt for sale
Boatbuilding help available
Our Faversham-based friend Alan Thorne can help with boatbuilding projects - constructing to plans in very tidy stitch-and-glue or more traditional techniques. Contact him by email at email@example.com or phone 07865 091155
What we’re thinking…
The big move is done. Expect a return of the usual service!
Free boat plans that work
Don't miss our great page of free boatbuilding plans:
Who’s talking at intheboatshed?
Tag Archives: chappelle
This is the 23ft 8in tabloid cruiser described in Howard Irving Chappelle’s classic book Boat Building: A Complete Handbook of Wooden Boat Construction. If you’ve read Chappelle’s book, you’ll likely know this design and will have been intrigued by it … Continue reading
[ad#intheboatshed-post] Galway cutter from Dixon Kemp. Click on the thumbnail for a larger image Intheboatshed readers interested in the video of Galway hookers I posted the other day will be interested in this lines drawing of a 35ft hooker taken … Continue reading
[ad#intheboatshed-post] Bill Whalen of the Crystal River Boat Builders chapter of the Traditional Small Craft Association in the USA has been in touch to say the group is building the 14ft flattie skiff recorded and published by H I Chappelle … Continue reading