Follow me on Twitter
Looking for something?This is a busy weblog, and what you're looking for is probably still here - just a little way down the list now. Try scrolling down, clicking on the 'older posts' button at the bottom of this page - or try the search gadget!
If you like us – please let Google know!
Ben Crawshaw’s book about cruising the Mediterranean in a craft made using free boat plans
Latest posts at intheboatshed.net
- Fiddler’s Green
- The Family Navy Prepares, 1948
- A trip to the Plymouth Breakwater
- Sea-Boats, Oars and Sails by Conor O’Brien
- Another Christmas present: GL Watson – the Art and Science of Yacht Design by Martin Black
- Rivers of the South – The Thames
- BBA student launch December 2013 – catch up with the ITV News report
- Another Christmas present: the Museum of the Broads calendar
- Ernest Dade’s book of drawings Sail and Oar reprinted by Lodestar Books
- A history of the naval toast
What we’re thinking…
The big move is done. Expect a return of the usual service!
Free boat plans that work
Don't miss our great page of free boatbuilding plans:
Who’s talking at intheboatshed?
- Patrick O'Brien on Legendary 12 Metre racing yacht Flica restoration project now online
- Gavin Atkin on Rivers of the South – The Thames
- In the boatshed | www.peggybawnpress.com on Another Christmas present: GL Watson – the Art and Science of Yacht Design by Martin Black
- max on Rivers of the South – The Thames
- Gavin Atkin on Ernest Dade’s book of drawings Sail and Oar reprinted by Lodestar Books
Tag Archives: boats
As usual at this time of year National Historic Ships has put the shortlisted images for its annual competition online – and as you’d expect they are a delight. If you’re like us and really enjoy a good photo, I’d … Continue reading
The Morbihan 2013, with mad music, and how about blues in the boiler room with steam engine percussion?
Two Youtubes featuring some crazy music. Depending on your taste, you might like to turn down some of the piratey-rock nonsense in the first one and simply watch the lovely Morbihan go by – but that floating organ grinder is … Continue reading
A jolly little film, even if it is rather short. Thanks to the Boat Building Academy for passing the message on about one of our local boatbuilders…