Out now – Ben Crawshaw’s book about cruising the Mediterranean in a home-built boat
Latest posts at intheboatshed.net
- OGA 50th anniversary round Britain trip group divides at the Caledonian Canal
- Pathé video of Dutch sailing barges racing
- Cruise of the Joan: Blindfold to Belfast, 1923
- Canoe sailing in Sydney Harbour, 1895
- Thames Heritage Alliance formed to campaign to protect historic sites
- Sephira the Musical Ark comes to Scotland to race – and to serenade whales
- Spider T training day on the Trent
- Oh look – back in 1946 ‘girls’ could work on boats too, according to British Pathé
- First shots from the Boat Building Academy spring student launch
- An update on Ben Wales’ restoration of the motor launch Mary
If you like us – please let Google know!
What we’re thinking…
I would like to apologise for accidentally making the website unavailable yesterday and today. It was all my fault - I pressed the wrong button in my attempts to make the website faster and therefore more highly rated by the search engines.
Having pressed the wrong button I had no idea what to do to fix the site - unchecking the rogue button didn't fix it!
Thankfully, my internet service provider stepped in and mended everything. Thanks Bluehost!
Free boat plans that work
Don't miss our great page of free boatbuilding plans:
Who’s talking at intheboatshed?
- Appleton Dale on Canoe sailing in Sydney Harbour, 1895
- Gavin Atkin on Thames Heritage Alliance formed to campaign to protect historic sites
- adrian on Thames Heritage Alliance formed to campaign to protect historic sites
- Angélique on Classic 100-year-old photos of racing sailing yachts from the America’s Cup
- Gavin Atkin on Currach for sale, Argyll
Tag Archives: boat building course
Bert van Baar tells me that the prototype of his Hanze Yawl design drew a lot of praise at the Beale Park Boat Show. The images above were produced using the Rhino modelling software. Plans for the ply and epoxy … Continue reading