Out now – Ben Crawshaw’s book about cruising the Mediterranean in a home-built boat
Latest posts at intheboatshed.net
- How to sail by the folks at Hunter’s Yard on the Norfolk Broads
- A great IBTC student boat builder’s weblog
- Hamburg Harbour, 1935 – a time of beautiful steamships
- The Medway barge match, 2013 – an accidental photo gallery
- Ships and the Essex Coast – photos my father took in 1955-7
- An update on the OGA’s 50th anniversary round Britain trip
- Ben Crawshaw finds an excuse to go for a sail in Onawind Blue – a little light food shopping
- Blakeney folks build the UK’s southern-most St Ayles skiff
- A turning point for Faversham? Historian Arthur Percival speaks about the Standard Quay decision
- National Historic Ships network Shipshape East Anglia meets for the first time at Lowestoft
If you like us – please let Google know!
One way to search intheboatshed.net
Another way to search
What we’re thinking…
Stirling and Son is inviting applications for two apprenticeships to start in September, one on boatbuilding and one on painting and varnishing.
The apprenticeships will be for four years, working in the yard four days per week and at college one day per week.
Anyone interested should send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date of 6 May.
I gather they're about to start work on a big new project and would also be glad to hear from someone experienced. For more information see the website: Stirling and Son.
Free boat plans that work
Don't miss our great page of free boatbuilding plans:
Who’s talking at intheboatshed?
- Punting Gal on How-tos
- Gavin Atkin on Emmanuel Pariselle’s romantic song about an old boat: La Nonchalante
- oliv on Emmanuel Pariselle’s romantic song about an old boat: La Nonchalante
- ed winston on Edo canoe enquiry
- Alan Avent on Adam Newton of Beer, Devon builds a gorgeous 12ft glued clinker rowing skiff
Tag Archives: beale park boat show
Here are a few more photos of this year’s Beale Park Thames Boat Show. It’s an event that always serves up a few surprises, and this year’s exhibits included UK Home Built Boat Rally member Tim O’Connor’s well appointed and … Continue reading
Bert van Baar tells me that the prototype of his Hanze Yawl design drew a lot of praise at the Beale Park Boat Show. The images above were produced using the Rhino modelling software. Plans for the ply and epoxy … Continue reading
1894 Desvignes-built steam launch Pierette, photographed by Pete Williamson Reader Pete Williamson has sent in some snaps of this year’s Beale Park Boat Show, including this shot of the wonderful steam launch Pierrette, and some entries for the kit section … Continue reading