Out now – Ben Crawshaw’s book about cruising the Mediterranean in a home-built boat
Latest posts at intheboatshed.net
- Canoe sailing in Sydney Harbour, 1895
- Thames Heritage Alliance formed to campaign to protect historic sites
- Sephira the Musical Ark comes to Scotland to race – and to serenade whales
- Spider T training day on the Trent
- Oh look – back in 1946 ‘girls’ could work on boats too, according to British Pathé
- First shots from the Boat Building Academy spring student launch
- An update on Ben Wales’ restoration of the motor launch Mary
- The sinking of HMS Implacable in 1949
- Does anyone know the story of the racing yacht Mayhi?
- The Dutch open Veenvaart – a canal route for pleasure boats and leisure activities
If you like us – please let Google know!
What we’re thinking…
I would like to apologise for accidentally making the website unavailable yesterday and today. It was all my fault - I pressed the wrong button in my attempts to make the website faster and therefore more highly rated by the search engines.
Having pressed the wrong button I had no idea what to do to fix the site - unchecking the rogue button didn't fix it!
Thankfully, my internet service provider stepped in and mended everything. Thanks Bluehost!
Free boat plans that work
Don't miss our great page of free boatbuilding plans:
Who’s talking at intheboatshed?
- adrian on Thames Heritage Alliance formed to campaign to protect historic sites
- Angélique on Classic 100-year-old photos of racing sailing yachts from the America’s Cup
- Gavin Atkin on Currach for sale, Argyll
- Paddy Hegarty on Currach for sale, Argyll
- Gavin Atkin on The mystery of Gadfly II – Simon hears from the builder’s daughter
Tag Archives: Albert Strange
Dick Wynne is selling the lovely Albert Strange-designed yacht Charm, which was built 1922 (Intheboatshed.net attended her 90th birthday party this year) and lovingly restored 2000-2005 by Russell Read. There are various posts and reports mentioning Charm on the Albert … Continue reading
Tally Ho – one of the larger Albert Strange-designed boat and winner of the 1927 Fastnet race. She’s currently lying at Port of Brookings, Oregon If you’d like to sail a magnificent gaff topsail cutter from the early 20th century, and … Continue reading
Leona and Sea Harmony – click on the thumbnails for bigger photos Two very special Albert Strange yachts are advertised for sale over at the Albert Strange Association website – Sea Harmony, a 1936-built 33ft version of Strange’s 1917 Venture design, and … Continue reading