Follow me on Twitter
Looking for something?This is a busy weblog, and what you're looking for is probably still here - just a little way down the list now. Try scrolling down, clicking on the 'older posts' button at the bottom of this page - or try the search gadget!
If you like us – please let Google know!
Out now – Ben Crawshaw’s book about cruising the Mediterranean in a craft made using free boat plans
Latest posts at intheboatshed.net
- Philippines fishermen find a way…
- A magic lantern slider of the sailing barge Charles Hutton
- The Last Baidarka
- 1972 film of the Edith May
- Major Turner exhibition at the National Maritime Museum, Greenwhich opens tomorrow
- Medway Queen back home in the Medway
- Crossley Engines film ‘London River’
- Short Jacket and White Trousers – and a singing workshop for folks in Kent and surrounding areas
- HJ Mears boat builders, Devon
- A promotional video for the St Ayles skiffs
What we’re thinking…
The big move is done. Expect a return of the usual service!
Free boat plans that work
Don't miss our great page of free boatbuilding plans:
Who’s talking at intheboatshed?
- David Asprey on Medway Queen back home in the Medway
- JIM SAVILLE on The sea poems of Cicely Fox Smith
- Chris J Brady on A magic lantern slider of the sailing barge Charles Hutton
- Paul Mullings on A magic lantern slider of the sailing barge Charles Hutton
- ian naylor on David Dimbleby sails the UK coast in his own boat
Category Archives: Restoration and repair
It comes after the introduction, which is from a more modern programme, but even that’s out of date… The Edith May is now very much in sailing condition, and doing well in racing too. My thanks to the Thames Sailing … Continue reading
Alex Mears of HJ Mears & Son Boatbuilders has got in touch to say that one of his customers is selling a 32ft, 1944-built fifie for restoration. The owner is getting a little too old to continue with the project … Continue reading
The 1929 Alfred Mylne designed yacht Mingary has been relaunched following what Will Stirling of Stirling and Son describes as a very efficient and organised hull rebuild by her owner Christian Scheitdmann. Will took part in the work, which was was carried … Continue reading